Sunday, February 25, 2007

Matamoros

May God's hand be over that city that I hold so dearly in my heart.
May blessings pour out on the children whose feet run through those streets.
May anointing fall upon the hearts of pastors reaching out to the hurting.
And mostly, may the lives of my dear friends there be filled with the richness and glory of the kingdom of The Lord Almighty.
Que Dios los bendiga ricamente.
My prayer for Matamoros.

As I read messages from those I met there and look at their faces in pictures, I can't help but be filled with an old sentiment rushing through my body. I can't explain the love God has put in my heart for that people. I believe that I despise things so much right now because I have always hoped that earning a degree would bring me one step closer to making it back to the people I believe God has placed so heavily upon my heart in Mexico.

Somos El Pueblo de Dios-Marcos Witt
Somos el pueblo de Dios (We are the people of God)
Somos un pueblo especial (We're a very special people)
Llamados para anunciar las virtudes de Aquel (Called to proclaim the virtues of Him)
Que nos llamo a su luz (who called us to His light)
Somos el pueblo de Dios (We are the people of God)
Su sangre nos redimió (His blood has reedemed us)
Y su espiritu dio para darnos poder (and He has given us spirit in order to grant us strength)
Y ser testigos de El (and be His witnesses)
Y llevaremos su gloria a cada pueblo y nación (And we will carry his glory to every people and nation)
Trayéndoles esperanza y nuevas de salvación (Bringing them hope and news of salvation)
Y su amor nos impulsa (And His love impulses us)
No nos podemos callar (We can't be quiet)
Anunciaremos al mundo de su amor y verdad (We will proclaim to the world His love and truth)

When I think about the faces of those people singing that song, it does something to me that I don't know how to describe.
And as I see those faces I have come to love again, I'm inspired to write like this.
May such love be the guiding force of my life, in Jesus' name.
~Buster

No comments: