Sunday, February 25, 2007

100's of Little Things...

...add up to be one big mess. I've got an assignment that's late, one that I can't find because I no longer have the link to fill out the survey (that I've already done once...but forgot to print!) I had an interview to do that I forgot about until a day before it, but even though I told the people to take their time they still haven't done it. Other people in class made the information up.
And now I'm getting points deducted. Joy.
I can't wait to get out of this mess of little assignments here and there and their due dates that are basically hidden until the last minute. Still, I suppose it's my fault. As much as I want to complain, I know that I've had the resources to do something about it.
So, where is the fun in college? Why is it that so many people call this the best time of their lives? I work, I go to class, I do homework, and a good deal of the time I'm frantically finishing things. Next semester they're going to raise the cost of tuition about $800...why am I taking classes when my Spanish professor said last semester that (and I've just got to get this frustration out) the Spanish courses here aren't at my level?
Why can't I test out of my language classes, spend two years getting my education requirements finished, and teach? None of this makes sense in my mind.
The world of academia annoys me. All I see is a place where people are constantly trying to prove themselves intelligent. They desperately try to say things that others will remember. They want a piece of paper that declares them a doctor of whatever, and I can't help but wonder what the point of it all is.
"All of it is pointless, a chasing after the wind."
But it's getting late, and I have to work in an hour.
For those who read this, thank you for your willingness to listen to both good and bad things in my life.
~Buster

No comments: