Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I don't want my titles transliterated to Hindi, thanks.

I figured out why all my other titles looked strange. For some reason I had enabled transliteration on my titles, and all of them were being set into Hindi scripts.

But the real name of today's post is:
Pull Down the Blinds

I have retreated. I have built up the walls and stationed the sentries. No one can make it through my defenses because I have amazing will power to put things into motion when I truly want them.

My room is dark. My bed is comfortable. I have books to read.
My classes go on without me, and I ask myself if I'll ever be half the student I could be.

The only thing that breaks my peace are the nightmares every night. And to the general public I cannot share so much painful information. I am literally in pain from stress, and the pressure in my head seems to have taken up permanent residence there and moved to the left side as well.

I am only happy when I'm reading. I'm only happy as an activist. But maybe I'm ignoring something crucial.

"Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself."
--Leo Tolstoy

Thank you, Mr. Tolstoy. You've given me one more thing to think about.

No comments: